We hope this list is useful to you as you prepare your application! Applications that do not meet these criteria will automatically be declined, so please take the time to ensure your application matches our guidelines.
The Purpose of FCN Seed Grant is to support passionate, committed people with foster care/adoption histories with an early-stage social change vision.
Grant Funding Request Checklist:
1. I am someone who has spent at least 2 years in the foster care system at some point in my early childhood (with a foster parent, Group Home or Kinship care) or aged out of foster care when I was between the ages of 18 and 21 or was adopted from foster care.
2. I am a FCN Foundation Member (JOIN Here)
3. My project aligns closely with the mission and values of the FCN Foundation
4. I have completed the Free Dream Your Non-profit in a Weekend Module by Nonprofit Mojo (Click Here)
5. My project is an early stage initiative that does not have paid staff, and does not have other established funding sources.
6. I cannot personally afford to pay for org start up or professional development costs.
7. My project benefits more than just myself or a small group of people.
8. My project does not influence the outcome of an election of candidates for public office.
9. My project does not encourage or induce violations of law.
10. My project fits in one of FCN Foundation’s funding areas.
11. My funding request to FCN Foundation does NOT include any of the following items which FCN Foundation does not fund:
a. Food for meetings, training sessions, or gatherings
b. Items which are to be donated to others on a one time basis (such as clothing, medical supplies, and textbooks).
c. Payments to the grantee or a member of the grantee’s family for their time or services.
d. One time use or disposable items.
12. My project has a very clearly articulated target audience and explains why this audience needs my project.
13. I have demonstrated in my application how this small grant will go a long way towards getting the project started.
14. If my project is a movie, book or other media, I have included a distribution plan in my application.
15. If my project expects to earn profit, I have applied for a Pay it forward loan instead of a grant.
16. I have articulated and shared my plan for what happens to my project when the grant funds from FCN Foundation run out.
17. I have shared why this project is personally meaningful to me and why I care about it enough to submit an application for funding.