The mission of the Fostering Change Network Foundation is to provide alumni/adoptees of the foster care system nationwide with financial and educational resources that will support their non-profit/social enterprise start up and professional development endeavors.
Alumni/adoptees of the foster care system, nationwide ages 21 and over. FCN members will have access to trainings, workshops and financial counseling for start-up businesses along with the opportunity to receive FCN’s guidance as they apply for small business loans/grants from local, state and national sources. The Foundation will also provide members with the opportunity to apply for FCN-sponsored micro-loans/grants to establish and/or grow their businesses/non-profit organization, and/or to support professional community and business leadership endeavors.
CLICK HERE to see if you're eligible.
When starting a new social change venture, it can be overwhelming to think about how to use $500-$1000 in a strategic way that benefits your project. Our goal is to provide you with a little seed funding that can really make a difference to your project over the long term.
To help you brainstorm, here’s some things we’re interested in funding:
1. Renting or purchasing equipment necessary to do a project. Some items that we’ll considering funding in this category include yoga mats and props, a projector, a bike trailer, tools.
2. Outreach materials. We are open to funding promotional postcards, videos, graphic design, flyers and website fees.
3. Corporate/nonprofit filing fees
4. Expert support to help with the project launch. Services including graphic design, website programming, technological support, video editing, legal, accounting set up, business planning, fundraising support and program evaluation.
5. Program launch costs. Examples include travel, lodging and other travel/conference expenses if they are crucially important to launching a project/organization.
The FCN Foundation will officially launch its grant-making in May 2017. SIGN UP HERE to be notified with updates! In the meantime, be sure to JOIN as an FCN Member (Alumni/Adoptees of foster care and Child Welfare Agencies/Organizations ONLY).
support the fcn foundation
The official date of the FCN Foundation launch is May 19, 2017. We are still awaiting our 501c3 Tax Exemption from the IRS and are unable to recognize any contributions as tax-deductible at this time; however, if you would still like to make a contribution to support the launch process for the Foundation or would like us to ear-mark a contribution for an Alumni/Adoptee grantee and do not require a tax-deduction, please make a contribution below! We are grateful for your investment into what will be the largest foundation focused specifically on building the capacity of alumni of foster care led endeavors!